The Data Controller is Europower DC Ltd.
We fully endorse and adhere to the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation and Irish data protection legislation. Specifically, we are committed to:
- Obtaining and processing information fairly.
- Keeping information only for specified, explicit and lawful purposes.
- Using and disclosing information only in ways compatible with these purposes.
- Keeping information safe, secure, accurate, complete and up to date.
- Ensuring that information is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Retaining information for no longer than is necessary for the specified purpose or purposes.
- Giving a copy of personal data to the individual from whom it was taken on written request.
Information we may collect from you
What type of information is collected from you?
Europower DC Ltd. collects information such as:
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Business or Delivery address (for online purchases)
- Vehicle registration number (for Battery Matching purposes)
This information will be sent to us if you fill out the contact form on the website.
Uses made of your personal data
We use your personal data that we hold to:
- Comply with legislation; and/or
- Notify you about changes to our services.
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
We do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information with any other party including any third-party joint promoters, nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes. Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary to complete an enquiry or order, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails) or because it is in our legitimate interests. We require the information outlined in the previous section to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Send you emails (e.g. purchase/order confirmation).
- Improve our products and services.
- Send marketing communications ONLY if you have opted in to receive them.
- Inform you about product promotions.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not pass your details to any third parties for marketing purposes unless you have expressly permitted us to. Furthermore, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email.
Links to other sites
This website may provide links to a number of other websites that we believe might offer you useful information and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as Europower DC Ltd. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any web site owners whose sites may be reached through this site, nor can we control the activities of those web sites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites or accessing their on-line policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data.
How and where do we store data?
As an individual, under EU law you have certain rights to apply to us to provide information or make amendments to how we process data relating to you. These rights apply in certain circumstances and are set out below:
- The right to access data relating to you (‘access right’).
- The right to rectify/correct data relating to you (‘right to rectification’).
- The right to object to processing of data relating to you (‘right to object’).
- The right to restrict the processing of data relating to you (‘right to restriction’).
- The right to erase/delete data relating to you (i.e. the “right to erasure”).
- The right to ‘port’ certain data relating to you from one organisation to another (‘right to data portability’).